Careers at XL
SHEET METAL PAINT AND
PREPARATION TECHNICIAN WANTED.
Do you want to be the envy of all your mates with a
We are on the hunt for an experienced Sheet Metal Paint and Preparation Technician who is looking for their forever job.
Does this sound like you?
You have an obsession with air and power tools, and you love to prepare sheet metal surfaces for painting or powder coating by sanding, grinding, cleaning, and applying appropriate primers or surface treatments. You are particular about keeping these tools clean and organised, properly handling and storing them like they’re your babies.
You’re a rule-follower when it counts. You’re keen on adhering to safety protocols and you love wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). You ensure surfaces are properly masked and protected to prevent overspray or damage, and you follow established procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with quality standards and specifications..
We know team work makes the dream work. So we also require an effective communicator and collaborator, who is keen to help develop efficient surface preparation and coating techniques, and identify areas for process improvement.
What we require
– Experience in sheet metal paint or powder coating preparation.
– Extensive knowledge and proficiency in using air and power tools for surface preparation.
– Good physical condition, as the role may involve standing for extended periods and lifting heavy objects.
– Willingness to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
– Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
– Eager to work in a culturally diverse environment and contribute positively to the greater team.
– Excited by the idea of a 4 day work week.
If you reckon you check all the above boxes and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to utilise your skills as a Sheet Metal Paint and Preparation Technician, we want to hear from you!
About XL Service Bodies
Using highly advanced sheet metal machinery, lean manufacturing and the latest technology, we produce market leading service bodies renowned for their toughness, high quality and durability. We supply some of Australia’s largest fleets, and also international organisations like Red Cross, Medicins Sans Frontieres and the US Military. We’ve just launched the launch edition of our work/leisure canopy range – the Rebel X.
We hire people from diverse backgrounds, because it makes our company stronger. Great team, great culture, great company!